Tuesday 4 September 2012

Bus and Southbank - artwork for Adam Boucher and the Dead Set

Hand drawn in ink; coloured in Photoshop
Summer 2012


This was the image Adam Boucher eventually chose for his 'Beginners' EP. I drew it (like the swan sketch before) and altered some aspects of the composition by hand before scanning and colouring in Photoshop. I had never coloured from scratch in Photoshop before and it was a steep learning curve, especially using spray tools to create shading. Adam liked the use of 'real' city photos to fill in the world outside. I just like the shading on the guy's jeans, because I remember how long it took to figure out...


Hand drawn in ink; coloured in Photoshop
Summer 2012


And here's the back cover. The city lights in the background are a bit of a mess but I was very proud of the streetlights and the tree - again, Photoshop stuff I figured out myself. Overall it works like I wanted it to, and you can't help but feel a bit sorry for the couple. Sort of.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand there we are - the finished products.

I strongly suggest listening to Adam's music - go here to catch a taste for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment