Friday 7 February 2014

Swan Boat - artwork for Adam Boucher and the Dead Set

Hand drawn/traced from sketch in ink; coloured in Photoshop
February 2014


Remember the 'Beginners' EP artwork I did for Adam Boucher? And the swan done as a potential sketch for it? Adam got back in touch wanting another CD cover at relatively short notice and asked if I'd simply do him a coloured version of the swan sketch because he'd liked it. So I redrew the main part in ink, scanned it in, and intergated it into a photo I had taken about six years ago when my friend and I spent a day dicking around on pirate boats and eating ice lollies when we should have been doing something useful. Easy enough - well, in the timeframe given, anyway. With a bit more time I'd put some highlights under the boat so it doesn't just look like it's hovering in a pool of black shadow. Actually now that I'm looking at that it's very annoying... but I'll know for the second version.

Incidentally, I know it's been a long time! Things have been a bit hectic, moving house twice (once to a different country) and finding a new job and realising that the worst thing about moving house is that it's 90% cleaning. Anyway, hopefully there will be more time for artworking very soon. I have a few bits in mind, mostly painting, and I'm twitching to get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment