Monday 18 August 2014

Brand logo - SonaMap


Photoshop/Illustrator
August 2014


I was asked to design a logo for an App in development at quite short notice; this was what was ultimately chosen as the final design. It was a surprisingly quick and painless process, because the brief was clear and gave me good sense of what kind of thing they wanted without being too prescriptive.

I wanted to include the symbol as part of the word to give it the potential to be used as a favicon, especially for smartphones where the screen would be smaller. From there it was just a matter of configuring the representation of the radar screen - circles or crosshairs, how many lines, positioning of the 'hits' and so forth. I don't have tons of experience with logo design to date (this is maybe the third or fourth one I've done properly) but I do really enjoy the challenge of condensing the information somebody wants to get across into just symbol, font and colour. That's an art form in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment